Hi I am Karen Lott, I love meeting people and helping them sell, rent or buy their homes, vacation and investment properties. I enjoy everything about selling real estate – from seeing and showing the homes and communities, negotiating the price, to giving the check or keys to my happy clients. Being a ‘mathie’ at heart I love running the stats in all the various formats to help with the valuation of a home. I take many courses throughout the year to keep up with the latest laws, changes in forms and practices in order to expertly guide my family of clients to successful closings. I am honest, reliable and offer professional guidance throughout the real estate process.
Why should you choose me as your Realtor?:
Well, I am different from most Realtors because of these key points:
- I spend money on my clients and marketing their listings. I spend very little on personal marketing (like website, Realtor.com, Zillow or Trulia profiles and so on). I spend most of my marketing on my listings, (including photography, videography, one page websites, advertising and print and postage materials for the listing) and on my family of clients.
- I do not ‘farm’ any one community and spend time hunting down my next client. Most of my business comes to me from referrals. As a result of the various needs of my referrals, I came to know large areas of Palm Beach and Broward counties like oceanfront and intra-coastal condos from north Ft. Lauderdale to Jupiter and communities along the 441 and Turnpike corridors from Coral Springs to West Palm Beach. This allows me to offer those clients who are unfamiliar or new to South Florida knowledge of a wide range of communities.
- I am easy to reach and I always follow up on all requests promptly. If I do not know something, I will tell you and research or consult with the appropriate professional to get you an answer.
- I am able to offer my clients updated and knowledgeable insights because I take many more courses than are required for continuing education requirements for license renewal.
- Buyers: I do not provide a list of inspectors, as I feel that the buyer should choose their own inspector and should trust that the inspector is working only in their (the buyer’s) best interest.
- Sellers: I do not use old Realtor tricks and hand out biased lists of questions for interviewing other Realtors. I most probably was referred to you and I stand by that.
- Sellers: I am absolutely focused on getting your home sold. When I am contacted by a prospective buyer about your home, I show only your home. I do not come armed with other similar homes in the neighborhood in case they don’t like your home. I promote your home and only if they say it is not a good match do I set up another appointment with them to show other homes.
- I am a great resource of information and contacts. I am still in contact with most of my clients years after helping them with their real estate goals. This is not just from their referrals to friends and family. Many of my clients continue to call me to ask if I know of a particular tradesman, or, they send photos asking for decorating advice or to identify some plant, or, they call just to find out where to look to for specific kind of real estate information.
I was born in Guyana, South America and graduated from University of Waterloo where I met my husband of 30 plus years. I am a proud mom of two and a Boca Raton resident since 2001 when my husband and I moved to Florida from California. I love reading, interior decorating, entertaining, playing games (Bridge, Euchre, Mah-Jong and strategy board games), travelling, and going to the movies. I got my real estate license originally for my personal real estate investing. After helping out a few friends with their investments I was turned on to helping their family and friends buy, sell and rent their homes.
I look forward to helping you with your real estate wishes and to developing a lasting professional relationship.